Food For Thought



    When I see this cartoon, I notice the teacher and how she is older. I can also tell from reading the comic that it is the first day back, and the teacher is trying to give out a writing assignment asking the students what they did this summer. The student then answers by saying, "if you follow me, you would know." 

    Today's students have a lot of access to technology, which may not be the healthiest. Still, teachers must evolve with modern technology and social media and then apply them to the classroom, so students will engage and understand the material a little more. I also feel that this student may have been a little rude with his answer due to how it came across and how he was not even looking at the teacher but at his phone. This makes me believe kids are becoming more disrespectful, and I have noticed this in younger kids. My issue is that I do not want to call it disrespect as much as I like to call it their voice and not knowing how to use it properly. If these students had said it differently and looked at the teacher, there could have been a conversation on what was needed and why his online platform was not what the teacher asked. 

Comments