Technology in the Classroom

    Technology, it is everywhere, and that includes classrooms. Most children use technology in their everyday life and enjoy it, so why not use it in school. Technology is positive and should be used as a teaching tool.

    The internet is an excellent tool in the classroom if used properly. Specifically for social studies, students can learn to gather information and resources, but we must teach students how to find accurate information. I was introduced to using sites that ended in gov or edu, or I was given a list of websites with accurate information. Still, as I have gotten older, I have learned how to use databases and other sources, so teaching students is a great way to give them excellent prior knowledge to apply when doing it by themselves. 

    Using technology also allows teachers to apply different teaching methods, which is enormous. It will enable us as teachers to find educational websites that give students practice in specific subject areas. An example is IXL. It also allows teachers to create interactive slides for students to do independent work and group work, depending on the objectives of the work. 

    I grew up with technology in the classroom, which has helped me tremendously through the years. This specific semester, I have learned more ways to use technology in my future teaching career and education.




  References

Lyman, L., Foyle, H. C., Waters, S., & Lyman, A. L. (2015). Teaching Social Studies in the 
    Elementary School: Communities, Connections, and Citizenship. National Social Science Press.

Comments